Lewisham Council have agreed, in principle, to provide the missing funding needed to complete Surrey Canal Road station. TfL had estimated the cost of completing the station at £10m, but claimed that they were unable to budget for that expenditure themselves. The DfT had agreed to put £7m towards the stations construction, but that still left a gap of £3m to be filled from elsewhere. TfL, the DfT and Lewisham appear to have been in negotiations since November over the possibility of the ...
The London Transport Museum have put a small selection of their film collection online. In their own words: These initial films offer a selection of time periods covering 1910 to 1970, including the classic British Transport Films ‘All that mighty heart’, along with a lesser-known gem ‘Our Canteens’ Unfortunately it appears that they aren’t allowing them to be embedded on external websites at the moment, so below you’ll find direct links to each, along with ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (11:32, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)