Lewisham Council have agreed, in principle, to provide the missing funding needed to complete Surrey Canal Road station. TfL had estimated the cost of completing the station at £10m, but claimed that they were unable to budget for that expenditure themselves. The DfT had agreed to put £7m towards the stations construction, but that still left a gap of £3m to be filled from elsewhere. TfL, the DfT and Lewisham appear to have been in negotiations since November over the possibility of the ...
The London Transport Museum have put a small selection of their film collection online. In their own words: These initial films offer a selection of time periods covering 1910 to 1970, including the classic British Transport Films ‘All that mighty heart’, along with a lesser-known gem ‘Our Canteens’ Unfortunately it appears that they aren’t allowing them to be embedded on external websites at the moment, so below you’ll find direct links to each, along with ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on In Pictures: A Walk On The Widened Lines (10:12, 21 July 2018)
- Walthamstow Writer on Friday Reads – 20 July 2018 (01:27, 21 July 2018)
- Frank on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (01:22, 21 July 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (08:02, 21 July 2018)
- MikeC on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:20, 20 July 2018)