TfL have confirmed that the 3-year Blackwall Tunnel refurbishment programme will begin on the 7th of February. This will mean that the northbound tunnel will be closed between 21:00 and 05:00 from Sundays through to Fridays. Northbound traffic will be diverted through the southbound tunnel (with a 20mph speed limit in place) and Southbound traffic will need to use other Thames crossing options. The refurbishment largely revolves around safety and modernisation works – updated fire and ...
We’ve previously posted on the post-metronet oversight arrangements here. In a nutshell, the Joint Steering Committee appointed to evaluate post-Metronet options determined that Metronet’s responsibilities should stay with TfL. In return, however, TfL would be required to appoint a committee of independent figures to oversee the entire TfL investment programme. Members of this committee would come from a shortlist of nominees drawn up by the Mayor and TfL, with the final appointments ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (21:44, 25 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (21:41, 25 May 2019)
- IslandDweller on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (19:34, 25 May 2019)
- Mikey C on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (14:56, 24 May 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (14:58, 22 May 2019)