TfL have confirmed that the 3-year Blackwall Tunnel refurbishment programme will begin on the 7th of February. This will mean that the northbound tunnel will be closed between 21:00 and 05:00 from Sundays through to Fridays. Northbound traffic will be diverted through the southbound tunnel (with a 20mph speed limit in place) and Southbound traffic will need to use other Thames crossing options. The refurbishment largely revolves around safety and modernisation works – updated fire and ...
We’ve previously posted on the post-metronet oversight arrangements here. In a nutshell, the Joint Steering Committee appointed to evaluate post-Metronet options determined that Metronet’s responsibilities should stay with TfL. In return, however, TfL would be required to appoint a committee of independent figures to oversee the entire TfL investment programme. Members of this committee would come from a shortlist of nominees drawn up by the Mayor and TfL, with the final appointments ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (14:55, 25 August 2019)
- RogerB on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:31, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)