TfL have confirmed that the 3-year Blackwall Tunnel refurbishment programme will begin on the 7th of February. This will mean that the northbound tunnel will be closed between 21:00 and 05:00 from Sundays through to Fridays. Northbound traffic will be diverted through the southbound tunnel (with a 20mph speed limit in place) and Southbound traffic will need to use other Thames crossing options. The refurbishment largely revolves around safety and modernisation works – updated fire and ...
We’ve previously posted on the post-metronet oversight arrangements here. In a nutshell, the Joint Steering Committee appointed to evaluate post-Metronet options determined that Metronet’s responsibilities should stay with TfL. In return, however, TfL would be required to appoint a committee of independent figures to oversee the entire TfL investment programme. Members of this committee would come from a shortlist of nominees drawn up by the Mayor and TfL, with the final appointments ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (03:04, 24 January 2018)
- James on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (00:23, 24 January 2018)
- Martin on 2017 Quiz Answers (16:51, 23 January 2018)
- Herned on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (16:47, 23 January 2018)
- Graham H on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (18:02, 22 January 2018)